We will be spending time this week and next learning about Martin Luther King Jr. and his impact on our country. We will read about his life and reflect on ways we can be part of healthy communities in our school and outside of school. By collaborating and accepting each other, we model the greatest commandment. What a privilege to develop an awareness of inclusion and understanding as we dedicate time learning more about MLK Jr., what he did, and how we respond to his life’s mission in regards to racism, justice and service to each other.
Homework/PWJ: Homework 12 will be due on Friday. The password is MAPS. Students should also study for the United States Challenge (week 5). They will be quizzed on Friday. Thanks for taking a few minutes to respond to your child in their PWJ and returning it to school by Friday.
Upcoming Field Trips: We will need volunteers for the following field trips. We’d love to have you join us!
- February 28: Ford Museum: Students will learn all about the 3 branches of government. We are allowed 2 chaperones per class, so the first two people to respond will be able to join us!
- March 2: Wittenbach/Wege: Agriscience & Environmental Education Center: Students will learn all about animal adaptations as they hike/snowshoe (weather depending) through the trails. We will be at the center from approximately 11am until approximately 2pm. We will eat sack lunches upon arrival.
MAP Tests: Our mid-year MAP tests are coming up on the following dates. Students should get a good night of sleep and eat a hearty breakfast before coming to school on these days!
- Wednesday, January 15: Language Usage
- Wednesday, January 22: Reading
- Wednesday, January 29: Math
- January 20: MLK Day – ½ Day of school!
- January 20: NO GRPS BUSING
- January 24: Report Cards posted online
- February 28: Ford Museum Field Trip (Ambrose and Asfour)
- Friday February 14 1/2 Day of School (all except High School) Afternoon Professional Development for Staff
- February 14 Valentine’s Day – Share Valentines with our classmates
- Monday February 17 No School, All Campuses – Mid Winter Break
- March 2: Wege/Wittenbach Field Trip (Ambrose & Pluymert)
- Leave at 10:45, return at 2:30-2:45 More details to come
- March 30 Play: Rosie, Revere, Engineer – Students only
Location: Grandville High School FAC Load buses at 12:15. Play is at 1:00- 1:50
- Spring Break – April 3 – 10
- April 30: Afternoon VIP Wax Museum, Travel through the USA, Recorder concert
- Details for field trips and the 4th grade afternoon VIP Wax Museum, Travel through the USA and the Recorder concert will be coming at a later date.