The students should plan on being outside on Wednesday afternoon. We won’t leave until after lunch; they can order hot lunch if they want. Students should dress for the weather. We’re looking at warmer temps–but there might be some mud.
The students have a Daily Language Review quiz tomorrow (Tuesday). They’re also working on book club discussions focused around theme and characters in stories. The students have discussions on Tuesday and Friday of this week. They’ll have some time to work in class. However, I anticipate that students will have to complete some reading and/or journal work at home for homework.
Our April discussion groups will take place tomorrow. Students should be sure to bring their books to school for Tuesday.
The students have been learning about the circulatory system through a series of information readings. The students have a circulatory system packet due on Wednesday of this week.
The students are continuing to study the Sermon on the Mount. They received a Bible memory work passage last week. It is a longer passage, so I’ve encouraged the students to plan ahead and work on it over the next few weeks.
The students will be studying an overview of the major battles of the Revolutionary War.
Art Show Help
If you’d be willing to help Mrs. Yeates set up for the art show, please click on the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e4fafa728a13-artshow
(The art show will be on Friday, May 3. The set-up will take place on Thursday, May 2.)
- Tuesday, April 23: April Know God groups
- Friday, April 26: RCS Auction Fundraiser
- Wednesday, May 1: Volunteer afternoon @Frederik Meijer Gardens (look for Sign-Up Genius coming later this week–we need several parent chaperones/volunteers)
- Friday, May 3: Art Show @RCS (PM)
- Thursday, May 9: 5/6 Spring Concert and Program (more details coming soon, evening program)
- Wednesday, May 15: Chemistry Demonstration @Calvin College (PM)
- Friday, May 17: Calvin College Eco-Preserve: Macro-Invertebrate Study (AM)
- Wednesday, May 22: Whitecaps Game
- Monday, May 27: No School (Memorial Day)
- May 29-31: Three Days in the Woods: Spring Edition @Camp Roger
- Wednesday, May 5: Passage Hike
- Friday, June 7: Last Day of School (1/2 Day)